Eclusier

Picturing Frederic Chopin Portrait Prize.

by magda on May.15, 2010, under Announcements, Art News, eclusier exhibitions, eclusier press TV

Picturing Frederic Chopin Portrait Prize

Celebrating 200 years of Frederic Chopin

POLISH

FRENCH

ITALIAN

2010 marks the 200th anniversary of the birth of one of the world’s greatest and much loved classical composers Frederic Chopin.  In many cities across the world this year, there will be recitals and exhibitions to commemorate the life and music of this virtuoso, from afar a field as China all the way back to his home town in Poland and London will be no exception.

As our way of marking this most auspicious occasion, Eclusier Gallery is proud to announce that they will be running a competion.  The ‘Picturing Chopin portrait prize’.

Artists are invited to paint or illustrate an A3 portrait of the composer and submit it via the Eclusier Gallery website  by the 28th of August after which time a shortlist of the 10 best entries, will be selected for exhibition in a prestigious location.

Prize winners will be announced at the end of September.

Prizes

1st Prize – VIP Weekend for 2 in Warsaw

The artist who receives the first prize, will be awarded a weekend for two to Warsaw capital of Poland,Frederic Chopin mother country.  This will include flights, collection from Chopin airport in Warsaw accommodation next to the Royal Palace, dinner, and tickets to Chopin House in Zelazowa Wola and museum.

2nd Prize – Tickets to  classical music concert

Second prize winners will receive tickets to classical music concert and a dinner for two in prestigious restaurant in London

Submit Now

Entries are open for the prize from now until the 28th of August.

An entry fee of only £10 per image applies to cover running costs of the prize.

All images must be A3 in size.

Artists are asked to submit entries via registering on the Eclusier Gallery website http://eclusier.com/forum. and uploading their images for selection.  (please note, while we will need a digital copy of your work for selection via the website, the actual portrait itself must not be a photograph or digital image as such).

Eclusier Gallery

http://gallery.eclusier.com/

3 Comments for this entry

• Fulk Mulki

Loving art is not limited to any country or language, thank you for posting this info on this blog, its great.

• Michael John Griffiths

Hi Magda
    Hope everything is foing well – My reagrds to Simon.
    You seem as busy as ever doing so many things – good luck with all.
    I just popped a picture for the Chopin competition but I am afraid I misread the rules- my painting is inspired by Tchaikovsky’s “To a wild rose” So sorry about that.
    I have just got a new computer running Windows 7 so am sorting my files out – but have lost my old website though I have a new one only a few hours old which I have added above.
    Again sorry about my mistake re: Chopin
    My Warmest regards to you and Simon
    Michael

• Mohir

hello

I can not find how to register or submit a work,

please help

thank you
    Mohir

Leave a Reply

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!