Eclusier

3 Comments for this entry

• Michael John Griffiths

Hi Magdalena
    Well done to You and All concerned for your hard work and devotion in making this happen for Aquilla and Santa Maria. I am sure it will go from strength to strength and achieve great things.
    Warmest regards
    Michael

• magda

Thanks Michael,
    We are continuing the Venice and Paris auction for L’Aquilla but then our job there is done.There are so many places and objects which need some help.
    Sometimes there is damage caused by disaster ,sometimes simply by neglect or stupidity.Whenever there is a piece of art created or named by a human being it should be cherished for our future generations as a symbol of those who once existed and created the future
    regards( for richard as well)
    magda x

• Michael John Griffiths

Hi Magda
    I like what you say – “Whenever there is a piece of art created or named by a human being it should be cherished for our future generations as a symbol of those who once existed and created the future”
    The church where I will be exhibiting in December was saved from demolition by a conservation trust. The church St Johns is the oldest church in Leeds city centre being built in 1634 which makes it Jacobean – It is very beautiful in that so many artists/crafts people created it and it is full of fantastic wooden carvings.
    Now it no longer functions as a church being a place of historical interest which is now a free venue for artists, musicians etc –
    The building itself is a work of art that has been saved from the souless modern bull dozers because someone actually cared.
    Warmest Regards to You and Simon also your brother Andrzej
    Michael x

Leave a Reply

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!