Eclusier

ARTMINERVA-AUCTION IN VENICE NOVEMBER 2009

by magda on Oct.07, 2009, under FUNDRAISING ART-AUCTION FOR L'AQUILA AND HAITI

clip00012

AS BEFORE ANYONE WHO WISHES TO DONATE AN ITEM FOR THE AUCTION PLEASE UPLOAD THE IMAGES TO http://gallery.eclusier.com/

ANY OTHER DONATIONS CAN BE MADE USING PAYPAL ON THE PAGES OF

http://www.artminerva.org/index.html

Minerva art project have kept their promise, after a successful auction last July at The Italian institute in London with the likes of designer Bella Freud and artist Jack Vettriano. Magdalena and Blandine will be back for another auction of contemporary art but this time in Venice at The Prestigious Scuola Del Vetro Abate Zanetti (Glass School Abate Zanetti) in Murano., Murano island, with the same but even stronger purpose, to keep the city of L’Aquila, and Santa Maria Del Suffragio church which was damaged by last April quake in people’s subconscious.

The big-heartedness of owner and designer Guido Ferro and Sig.Matteo Savini, Direttore dell’Istituto Venezia, made this auction possible. Let’s not forget that we are working with a non existant budget, so every time someone gives us a hand, it feels like we made a friend for life.

Talking of generosity of spirit, there are some really amazing donations from high places this time too – work from Royal painter Lady Hamilton(author of the famous portrait of John PaulII), Georgina Wilkes will get collectors and art lovers rushing in, and adding to the evening some raising stars from Italy and Europe will also take part, giving the auction the all-so-important characteristic of a very meaningful event indeed!

The Art Project Minerva, created by respected London-based artists Blandine Martin and Magdalena Rutkowska in April 2009, is a non-profit organisation raising funds for the restoration and repair of art and is been promoted greatly by the Italian Institute of culture, ArteLaguna Prize, Gesar Org (children charity), The Knaypa, Sam Flowers and many others.

Many churches and buildings in the medieval city of L’Aquila were destroyed in the devastating earthquake of 6 April 2009 causing incalculable damage to Italy’s culture heritage. The dome of the Santa Maria del Suffragio cracked open, exposing the delicate gold patterns inside.

We strongly believe that with the kind support we have enjoyed so far we will be able to provide help to restore the Di Santa Maria Del Suffragio church, an important symbol of art and culture for many generations in L’Aquila.We are looking forward to meet our special guest from Carla Bruni foundation

Roch PAYET

Directeur des études

Département des restaurateurs

Institut national du patrimoine (INP)

Next auction will take place in Paris with possibility of kind cooperation with

Mr.Cerutti Sothesby

For your diary:

http://artminerva.org

Auction starts from 7 pm, doors open at 6.30 pm

on Friday 27 of November 2009

Venue: glass Factory

SCUOLA DEL VETRO ABATE ZANETTI (GLASS SCHOOL ABATE ZANETTI) in Murano.

http://www.ferromurano.it/yalosmurano/_designers_gb.html

6 Comments for this entry

• Michael John Griffiths

Hi Magdalena -
    I have been away for a few weeks and hope that you knew to include my donated work for the auction. If not then it can be used for the Paris auction – Look forward to hearing more news/photos
    Best wishes to you and all
    Michael

• Michael John Griffiths

Apologies – I misread the article date – must be this horrible cold I have- I have now uploaded image for auction.

• magda

Hi Michael!
    It is so nice to hear from you.
    I did remember about your painting . And I was going to include it there.I am still receiving a HUGE
    amount of artwork donated every minute!! Lots of work with selecting a particular number.(I wish we could use all)
    How you doing any how?any chances that you will be around in London?In January I will be responsible for veeeeery big exhinition and I would like to have you here.
    meanwhile
    Lots of love
    magda

• Michael John Griffiths

Hi Magdalena
    Pleased to hear lots of people are contributing work for the Venice auction.
    I am feeling quite unwell at the moment but I am sure it will pass in a few days.
    I was invited to exhibit at a very old (1634) historical church- St John’s in the heart of Leeds. It no longer functions as a church but has recently been fitted out for Art exhibitions concerts etc but retains all its beautiful wooden carvings. The exhibition was an open exhibition which finished today 31st October – The custodian Dan has also asked me to do a solo exhibition in December.
    Unfortunately my website has some problems so I can not update anything.
    I am due to go back next week to Great Yarmouth to do some work for my brother Richard’s company – this is my only form of income at the mo.
    YES I WOULD LOVE TO COME DOWN TO LONDON IN JANUARY TO HELP YOU IN ANY WAY I CAN WITH THE EXHIBITION.
    Best wishes to you for all you are doing – no doubt you are very busy as always.
    Michael

• magdalena

Hi Michael I am very happy that you have a good number of exhibitions!Hope people will realise that paintings are amazing presents for Christmas!
    Yes we are getting ready for auction as always there is so much to do.It seems like there is not a moment when nothing is happening…there is so much press coverage in Italy for the auction and we do expect lots of people to visit the event..I will update the pages of artminerva with new artcles and also there will be more on our forum pages of course.It will be great to have you around in next exhibition in London.(as I said we will talk later about this one)Thanks and best regards for Richard from Simon as well

• Michael John Griffiths

Richard sends his best regards to yourself and Simon also and of course I send mine too.

Leave a Reply

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!